Avatar

Why cancel?

by ZihuaRob ⌂ @, Zihuatanejo, México, Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 08:20 (123 days ago) @ Ellisnet

Just my luck I buy my plane ticket to Zihuatanejo 2 days ago for a one week trip in February and today the CDC decides it will require Covid testing for all coming to USA from foreign countries. Tempted to wait and see if Alaska Air comes up with a process for their passengers, but it seems the best thing to do is scrap the trip. Too many bad scenarios: can't locate testing, can't get test result in timely manner, yet another change in US travel policy, and of course the worst one of getting sick and being denied return via ANY method to my own country for medical treatment. FYI- really not interested in anybody's feedback about how I shouldn't have planned a trip at all. I have been very thoughtful and risk-averse about this, and nothing was decided lightly.

As was announced recently in response to Canadian requirements, testing IS available here in a timely manner, and the testing locations ARE easy to locate. If you really want to come to Zihuatanejo, I see no obstacle in anything you've mentioned. Worst case scenario is you get Covid-19 and have to wait a few extra days in paradise for a positive test result, if it doesn't kill you of course.


Complete thread:

 RSS Feed of thread