USA car in Mexico

by mexicoman @, Playa Del Carmen, Saturday, June 19, 2021, 06:43 (895 days ago) @ Toby@Zihua

As a tourist you can drive a US/Canadian plated vehicle but it must leave Mexico every 6 months to renew the TIP and return. As a Residente Temporal you can drive the same vehicle for the length of the visa - 4 years. After that you must apply for Residente Permanente and the car must leave Mexico.
Passing through or driving in the US with a foreign plated vehicle is not a crime. However after residing in California for 30 days the vehicle must be reregistered and insured. I'm sure there is some wiggle room if you are stopped before registering the vehicle.

Complete thread:

 RSS Feed of thread