Low-rise or High-rise

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ernie Gorrie on April 22, 2000 at 19:34:21:

In Reply to: PRESIDENTE-INCLUSIVE FOOD OR NOT? posted by DEBORAH on April 21, 2000 at 18:30:03:

My wife and I have stayed at the Presidente twice. On one occasion my father-in-law was there as well.

We had a ground floor beachfront room in a low-rise building the first time and loved it. The second time we had a ground floor poolfront room in a low-rise building and enjoyed it almost as much.

My father-in-law had a room around the 10th floor in the high-rise. We found his room to be smaller and the balcony to be very small. With that height, the sunsets were nice, but it was tight getting the three of us onto the balcony. (And the sunsets are nice from pretty much anywhere in the hotel zone in Ixtapa.)

We looked at low-rise area near the roadway. I don't think we would have been anywhere near as happy there.

Also, there are low-rise buildings at the north end and at the south end of the pool. Our poolside room was at the south (quiet) end. I think we were happier there than we would have been at the more noisy north end. But if you have kids, it might be more reassuring to be at the north end where you can keep your eye on them more easily.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]