Re: Trip report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe in California on May 25, 2000 at 07:26:01:

In Reply to: Trip report posted by Jason on May 22, 2000 at 13:33:39:

Jason

We visited Zihua last September for the first time and have considered it to be our favorite destination thus far. We, too, stayed at the Villa del Sol in one of the Beach Suites for seven days, and then extended our trip for another four nights in the Lagoon Suites. You are correct when saying that it is something out of the movies, and the rooms were so fabulous and large, that whenever we were not at the beach or the pool, we hung out in the room. The staff was incredibly attentive but not annoying, so you always knew that if you wanted or needed anything, they were only a phone call away. We met Felipe, who waited on us at the beach, and even bought us free beers and appetizers after getting to know us for a couple of days at the beach. Rosalba at the front desk was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.
The food was pretty good at the hotelm including the fiesta night. We also ventured out to some restaurants and shops in El Centro. Lupita (Rob's wife) told us to try Garrobo's and it was so yummy for lunch one day that we returned again one night later in our week+ stay for dinner. El Mercado is an experience like no other. It was great to see how the locals really live, and where they purchase all of their everyday needs. We went over to Ixtapa one day and visited their shopping areas, had lunch, and after that we never went back over, as the quaint and quiet village of Zihuatanejo is what we really liked. Now, I know Ixtapa is favored by a lot of people, but it was not my type of vacation at all. Give me Zihuatanejo ANY day!!

We are going back again this year, either in August or September, and defvinitely staying at Villa del Sol again. While there are plenty of other places in Zihua to stay at a lesser price, we just loved the atmosphere, service, and luxury of the entire Villa del Sol complex.

Just thought I would add my experience to what you wrote about your vacation.

Joe

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]