Re: Your review of Melia Azul/Ixtapa

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by chastity griffin on September 04, 2000 at 21:15:56:

In Reply to: Our Review of Melia Azul/Ixtapa posted by Carlos Juanita on July 23, 2000 at 19:01:57:

my husband and i took a risk and stayed at the melia azul ixtapa last month. i was very unsure about this property because of the negative reviews, but was very pleased with the hotel overall. we have stayed at several all inclusives throughout the carribean, and i must say i missed the crystal clear waters, but the pacific is charming in its own right.anyway, back to this resort-the beach is very small with dark sand,but the huge multi-level pools make up for that. you can still look out at the water from your lounge chair poolside. the staff was very attentive,we never went without a drink.
all the rooms have a beach view, and our junior suite had a huge marble bathroom complete with jacuzzi tub. the room was huge,bright,and airy. we loved the room service breakfast,but also enjoyed the mexican specialties served at the buffet breakfast. don't worry- there was a full variety of american dishes as well. lunch is served buffet style or at the beachside grill.
both are quite good, but we really enjoyed the tacos at the grill. there are two reservations only restaraunts for dinner, both are pretty good.you can also have a buffet dinner. one night is a mexican fiesta, a huge mexican buffet and show that was very good . anyway, this is an excellent hotel-rooms,food,drinks,service,are all great,and i am not easily pleased!

Follow Ups: