MELIA AZUL AND OUR TRIP!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JEREME and LISA on February 21, 2000 at 12:14:03:

WE JUST GOT BACK FROM A WEEK AT THE MELIA. FEB. 12TH-19TH. I WOULD NOT GO BACK! WE ARE WITH RCI AND TRADED OUR WEEK FOR THE MELIA. SO OUR STAY DID NOT INCLUDE THE ALL-INCLUSIVE. WE DID EAT THERE 3 TIMES. THE PRICE THEY CHARGE IS RIDICULOUS!! FOR EXAMPLE FOR THE DINNER BUFFET FOR TWO IT WAS $55.00 U.S.! THE FOOD WAS NOT BAD, BUT IT DEFINITELY WASN'T WORTH IT!! IT WAS ABOUT AVERAGE THAT YOU WOULD GET AT A BUFFET IN A 2 STAR HOTEL. THE RESORT WAS BEAUTIFUL, VERY CLEAN AND COMMERCIAL. THE BEACH YOU COULDN'T SWIM AT, TOO BIG OF WAVES, THE SWIMMING POOL WAS GREAT! THE DRINKS AT THE POOL WERE $5.00 TO $6.00. WE WERE TOLD BY OTHERS AT THE RESORT THAT THEY DO NOT EVEN PUT ALCOHOL IN THEM UNLESS YOU ASK. I THINK THIS WAS TRUE BECAUSE I NEVER DID TASTE IT. I HAVE BEEN TO MEXICO 5 TIMES IN THE LAST 4 YEARS AND IXTAPA-ZIHUA WAS MY FAVORITE. THE ONE GOOD THING YOU CAN DO AT THE MELIA IS WALK DOWN THE BEACH ABOUT 2 BLOCKS AND YOU COME TO PLAYA LINDA AND YOU CAN CATCH THE BOAT TO IXTAPA ISLAND. I WOULD RECOMMEND THE BEACH THAT FACES THE MELIA, IT WAS VERY NICE. THE WATER WAS VERY CALM AND THE FOOD AND DRINKS WERE CHEAP AND VERY GOOD! MY HUSBAND CAUGHT A VERY BIG FISH WITH HIS FLY ROD OFF THE SHORE AND THEY COOKED IT FOR US!! I WOULD ALSO SUGGEST THAT IF YOU DO STAY AT THE
MELIA TAKE THE BUS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. IT'S A GREAT EXPERIENCE AND 5 PESOS. WE WENT TO TOWN EVERY DAY TO HAVE DINNER AND HAD WONDERFUL DINNERS FOR HALF THE PRICE AS THE MELIA. EVERYBODY AT THE RESORT THAT WE TALKED TO HAD THE
SAME COMPLAINTS. WE ALSO WENT TO THE SUPERMARKET AND BOUGHT SNACKS AND DRINKS. WE HAD A ONE BEDROOM CONDO THAT HAD A FRIDGE, STOVE, DISHWASHER. BUT THE THING THAT MADE US MAD WAS THAT THERE WERE NO KITCHEN ESSENTIALS: EX. - DISHWASHER SOAP, DISH TOWELS, PAPER TOWELS, BOWLS, COFFEE MAKER. SO WE FELT THAT THEY REALLY DISCOURAGED YOU FROM DOING ANY OF YOUR OWN MEALS. THE ALL-INCLUSIVE PRICE FOR ONE DAY WAS $65.00 FOR ONE. BUT THE FUNNY THING WAS THAT THE PASS
IS ONLY GOOD FOR THE HOURS OF 7:00AM TO 6:00PM. well, DINNER DOESN'T START TILL 7:00PM SO, YOU HAVE TO BUY A NIGHT PASS FOR THE DINNER SESSION! WE THOUGHT WE WOULD TRY THE ALL-INCLUSIVE FOR ONE DAY AND FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY!! THE FRONT DESK FAILED TO TELL US THIS! WE DID STAY AT A GREAT PLACE FOR ONE NIGHT IN IXTAPA THAT WAS NOT ON THE BEACH BUT HAD THE REAL MEXICO FEEL THAT WE LOVE. IT WAS THE PUERTA DEL MAR. THE PRICE WAS 60.00 PER NIGHT IF YOU MAKE RESERVATIONS FROM HOME! RIGHT IN TOWN, BUT IT DIDN'T FEEL LIKE IT! THE STAFF WAS GREAT! AND THE RESTAURANT WAS VERY CHEAP AND GOOD!! I THINK IT'S ABOUT A 3 STAR. THEY PLAYED REAL MEXICAN MUSIC AND THE PEOPLE THAT STAYED THERE WERE MEXICAN AND SOUTH AMERICAN FAMILIES ON VACATION. THE MELIA HAS A LONG WAYS TO GO. WE HEARD THAT LAST MONTH THE MANAGER AND ASST. MANAGER WERE FIRED. WE ALSO WENT TO ZIHUA AND WHEN WE GO AGAIN WE WILL STAY THERE. THEY
HAVE THE BEST RESTAURANTS!! AND THE REAL MEXICO FEEL!! I WOULD ALSO RECOMMEND A COUNTRYSIDE TOUR. WHAT A GREAT EXPERIENCE!! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE E-MAIL ME!! AND HAVE GREAT TRIP! LISA
JEREMEANDLISA@CS.COM

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]