trip report!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lori in Olympia on February 26, 2001 at 20:10:31:

My family and I just got back from our 10 day trip to Ixtapa-Zihua.
What an experience. We stayed at the Krystal in Ixtapa, very nice great pool for the boys, rooms were a little small for all four of us but we didn't spend much time in it any way, great friendly staff there made lots of friends. I highly recommend the buccofino restaurant at the marina in ixtapa for a nice dinner. The el faro was excellent also but we had just as much fun eating at rossy's in zihua much less $$ and great food and view. The best coconut icecream on the main strip in ixtapa, I'll be dreaming of that for awhile. I could list many more restaurants that were very good, I got all of my info from this board.
I was able to meet Rob at his store though he was very busy getting his computers going again. We know that he took care of the school supplies that we brought down for the children, (his suggestion on the board)we felt good about doing something nice down there for kids that aren't as fortunate as ours, a good lesson for all of us. Thanks Rob!!
We were able to go snorkling at the isle of Ixtapa, do not book a tour... 3$ per person U.S.
for the water taxi over and back, $7 for the equipment. We went around the other side to coral beach, what a beautiful area, lots of coral all over, the water was so clear.Get over early, by 10:00 am before the crowds get there and enjoy! Lots of fish great food and service!
Also went to Las gatos to snokle had fun, went to Owens beach Bungelows just at the end of the beach ( thanks rob for the suggestion) had lunch there met Owens and his son what a paradise they have. Enjoyed it very much.
My husband and boys went fishing with Ramone and had an awesome trip, caught five sail fish. Catch and release.....Got lots of great pictues of all of them. May I make one comment, Ramone Oleja is one of the nicest people that we met down there. After their fishing trip we went for a cerveza and had great conversation with him. He was so great to us and offered more sightseeing ect...If anyone is looking for a great fishing guide I would highly recommend him. My boys really got a lot of great info from him..Thanks Ramone. We'll be seeing you again in paradise!!
We were able to spend time in zihua, la ropa beach is the most beautiful I think. Next time I would choose to stay in zihua, everybody has there opinions. We went to both markets in ziuha, don't miss out on going to the principle market down town in zihua, lots of intersting items food household goods, seafood interesting meats ect.. Kids enjoyed that. I was looking for a mortar and pestle for making salsa, found one there!
I could ramble on and on with more fun things that we saw and did but I won't make this much longer. I will say that I'm really glad that Alaska airlines overbooked this last week so that we could volunteer to be bumped. We received four free airline tickets and they put us up at a nice hotel, 3 meals and cab fares back to the airport the next day! One more day in paradise!! Needless to say were going back. I have been to several other places in mexico but none have been as beautiful.........sad that I'm done with this board for a while, but i'll be checking in....Thanks everyone for all your help..Lori

Follow Ups: