trip report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by terri from minnesota on March 23, 2001 at 13:13:08:

This is a late trip report 'cause we were in Ixtapa in Jan but when we got back to the northern tundra I couldn't find this message board.. came across it by accident today.. this board was invaluable to us before leaving for our trip!!! We stayed at the Dorado Pacifica in Ixtapa with our 2 girls.,15 and 17.. The hotel was beautful and the staff so helpful..Our room was spacious and really comfortable... avoided the inroom fridge.. bottle water too expensive..ate twice at the marina in Ixtapa where we had some the best shrimp we ever tasted..El Faro at the top of the hill(you take a tram tide up there)was beautiful but we d thought the food was kinda pricey..the girls went parasailing right iutside our hotel for about 20 pesos and they loved it... beware of the waves.. they can be brutal.. mt husband and girls were hanging out in the water along with a bunch of others when a really huge wave came and smashed 'em... they got quite a ride... dumb thing to do but to be honest they say it was a thrill.. we took a trip on the tristar for an evening cruise and this was really a hilite for us... easy to book.. we did it ourselves rather than through the hotel and it saved a couple of bucks..those guys that run that boat do a wonderful job.. if you go make sure you sit at the front of the boat..great for pix and once the boat gets going, if it is wavey.. hard to walk around..especially after the complimentary cocktails... our girls went all over zihu and ixtapa safely walking and the taxis during the day and also ok in the evenining..but not to late!! We had a loota plans to go to a thousand places.. but we got lazy and laid around ALOT.. spent time in zihua.. next we'll stay on the beach in one of the hotels there..the bay is so incredibly beautiful.. with our girls Ixtapa was the better choice.. But we definitely overpacked.. I found myself wearing shorts and swimsuits everywhere.. never put on the dress i packed 'cause none of the places we went even the fancy places requied this..Also the best sandles I brought were the ones that have velcro over the toe and around the back.. also just plain flipflops... never once did i put on my good shoes!!hope this all helps.. thanx Rob for your help...I stopped in to your place for the resaraunt listings...

Follow Ups: