Alternative...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barney on July 17, 2001 at 00:24:58:

In Reply to: Trip Report day one posted by Leonard on July 16, 2001 at 20:01:53:

Flew into Mexico City, from there took the bus into Zihua. The bus was approx. $25.00. The ride was bumpy so I didn't tip the bus driver.

Checked into the Hotel Flores, my $8.00/night vacation hot spot. Took a room on the 1st floor, as I didn't want to drag my luggage up any stairs. The sheets and pillow cases had that wonderful washed by hand, sun dried smell. After a shower and a quick nap, I was ready to eat.

First stop: Los Paisanos. Had 3 cheek and 6 tongue tacos. Asked the cook to make sure my eye tacos were well cooked. He did a wonderful job, hmmmm..... A fine glass of "agua de jamaica" ended a wonderful meal. Total cost: 65 pesos.

Dessert: Went to my mother-in-law's for pay de queso and a glass of milk. Total cost: free

After a walk along the Zihua pier with my wonderful wife, it was time for bed. Nothing top secret here, the ceiling fan couldn't keep up so I slept naked on the floor. My wife, being from Zihua, stayed on the bed and used a sheet.

End of day one.

Follow Ups: