Re: Fishing Licenses

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by ZihuaRob from 200.65.89.234 (dup-200-65-89-234.prodigy.net.mx) on Wednesday, January 02, 2002 at 13:09:12 :

In Reply to: Re: Fishing Licenses posted by Sean of StLouis from 209.74.169.126 (?) on Wednesday, January 02, 2002 at 11:38:24 :

Ah, then I was completely wrong in my previous assumption that somebody was trying to underbid another service. That is not the case at all, and I retract my reference to buying cheap and costing more.

What has changed with Ixtapa Sportfishing's policy is that the price of the fishing license is no longer included in their charter price. The reason for this is that previously the captains paid this fee, and in order to allow them to make a cost of living adjustment without raising their prices the captains have opted to use this method. I think this is a step in the right direction since fishing charters are currently cheaper here than most other places, and many of us would like to see the captains earn more money in order to increase the incentive to release more fish alive, especially billfish. It's kind of hard to convince some captains of the benefits of catch and release fishing when they see money swimming away that could pay for gas, maintenance, food, housing and clothing. Many of them are struggling to get by, as most of us who live here, so the small self raise is well justifiable.

You are indeed fishing with the best, and I'm sure you will notice that fact out on the water where it counts! ;~)

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.