Thanks Rob & Laura (trip report)

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Jeff from 66.127.243.140 (adsl-66-127-243-140.dsl.sntc01.pacbell.net) on lunes, mayo 27, 2002 at 21:00:06 :

I'm a month late in getting this posted but have to tell of the great trip last month. First I want to thank Rob for relaying mushy messages from my wife to me. She couldn't make the trip and informed me upon returning that if I ever go without her again, I can expect a fork up my nose. A twelve pack of Dr. pepper wasn't enough for how great Rob was in steering my friend and I in the right directions. I also have to Thank Laura Kelly for her gracious hospitality. Not only is Casa del Encanto truly enchanted, the warmth extended to us from her and the villagers in Potosi is not to be understated. Laura arranged a horse back ride for us to Playa de Tortuga. Miles of unspoiled beach with turtle shells, bones and a skull. I got to see Laura's new horse, born the previous night. Roberto, the horse guy that I was unable to locate on two previous visits to potosi was great. We stopped on the way back to the village and he got some fresh coconuts for refreshments. What a great time! Rob steered us to Ramon and his Panga for a day of fishing. Great guy, great fun & great day. A couple of sailfish for me and my amigo. There is so much to tell but you already know how great Zihua and surrounding areas are. My wife and I are going back this summer. Hot, sure; rainy, who cares; magic, you bet. Jeff

P.S. just for you people on a really tight budget, There are hotels near the market downtown. 150 pesos for one, 250 pesos for two. Add 50 Pesos for AC

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.