Re: Thanks Rob & Laura (trip report)

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Al from 207.49.223.195 (newi-ce507-ce1.webcache.tds.net) on martes, mayo 28, 2002 at 01:05:08 :

In Reply to: Thanks Rob & Laura (trip report) posted by Jeff from 66.127.243.140 (adsl-66-127-243-140.dsl.sntc01.pacbell.net) on lunes, mayo 27, 2002 at 21:00:06 :

I want to second Jeff's thanks to Rob and Laura. We haven't been to Zihua for a couple of years but these two wonderful people made our vacations something special to remember. First of all Rob's message board helped us tremendously, (plus his personal help via email on the side). Because of his help we peruaded a couple of our young employees and their fiends to try Ixtapa/Zihua instead of Cancun for Spring Break. They stopped in to see Rob and had their picture taken with him (which now hangs on the wall of our restaurant). But anyways, Rob pointed out things for them to do and now we are "too cool" with these young people for steering them away from Cancun.
Secondly, concerning Laura from Barra de Potosi, we had the great fortune to be, and correct me if I am wrong Laura, your first internet dinner party. A few years back we arranged with Laura for a dinner at their bed and breakfast for a candlelight dinner. Laura and Noyo were still working on their house as the walls were still unpainted but we could see the finished product just by listening to what Laura had planned. We showed up at Laura's with some friends who travelled with us and had one of the best, no, I should say the best time we have ever had on vacation. Laura's husband Noyo created a meal for us that was beyond descr1ption (and I am a chef). Enjoying the meal and listening to Laura speak of the history of the area and her own experiences was without a doubt magical. I will never forget it.
I apologize for rambling but I can't say enough about these two people who promote their place in paradise and actually back it up once you are there. Rob and Laura, Salud!!
Sincerely,
Your grateful guests--Al and Louann from Wisconsin

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.