Re: report on Ixtapa

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Lucia from 200.65.89.168 (dup-200-65-89-168.prodigy.net.mx) on jueves, septiembre 26, 2002 at 15:05:44 :

In Reply to: tropical breezes posted by ZihuaRob from 200.65.89.52 (dup-200-65-89-52.prodigy.net.mx) on miércoles, septiembre 25, 2002 at 19:57:16 :

Things in Ixtapa were also very rough. The winds blew away beautiful trees leaving the area in poor shape. It was impossible to drive on the streets as the trees kept falling and there is water everywhere. I had never seen so much wind. The kids were caught at school and they were crying so the teachers and parents were driving them home.

The authorities did a great job at removing the debris and the death trees from the streets so people could circulate. As far as I know, there were no problems with lack of electricity in Ixtapa, but we have problems with telephone lines.

It reminds me of the ice storm in Montreal in 1999, except that we have electricity here. It is a sad day to see nature so damanged, but I always remember that nature always restores itself.

In crisis like this it is amazing to see community spirit. People come around and are most helpful, they offer what they have, they volunteer to clean up, they try to do their best, neighbours who did not know each other, introduce themselves, they offer their best.

Nature always restores itself...

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.