Report from La Ropa

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Abigail from 68.85.83.62 (pcp02670996pcs.ivylnd01.pa.comcast.net) on jueves, septiembre 26, 2002 at 23:15:22 :

In Reply to: Almost Live Storm Cam posted by ZihuaRob from 200.65.89.158 (dup-200-65-89-158.prodigy.net.mx) on jueves, septiembre 26, 2002 at 13:54:25 :

My tenant in the Villas de la Palma building just below the dolphin fountain on La Ropa reports to me that we lost about 70 roof tiles and most of them actually blew toward the bay. The water pressure running down the street on the north side of the property was strong enough to relocate the fence into the pool.

Also says pool is fixed and roofers are coming next week because the tiles are cosmetic over our poured concrete roof.

Tenant also said the winds were so strong that several pieces of porch furniture were blown about until they smashed.

Small potatoes I'm sure compared to what it must of been like to those living on the hills.

I've been there when we've had a good rain storm and a lot of water gets funneled down that street (I was worried about the cars parked outside - mine included) most of it seems to go through the Indian / turist market. Does anyone know how they fared??

As I write about the direction the winds were blowing I wonder if there wasn't some wind coming over the hills from the bay just south of us where Play Larga and the airport are????

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.