Yes, please DO note...

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by ZihuaRob from 200.65.89.228 (dup-200-65-89-228.prodigy.net.mx) on lunes, diciembre 23, 2002 at 11:31:50 :

In Reply to: Please note posted by Dorado1 from 216.66.131.48 (bc-kel-a53-01-48.look.ca) on lunes, diciembre 23, 2002 at 01:46:50 :

These two similarly formatted tournaments are indeed NOT associated any more in any way. HOWEVER, the organizers for BOTH initially worked together to set up the tournament that is now associated only with Paul (Dorado1) and Fintastic. The Ixtapa Zihuatanejo Total Tag & Release Tournament was set up by Stan Lushinsky and Susan Richards of Ixtapa Sportfishing Charters after there were allegedly numerous complaints from organizers, sponsors and participants related to Paul's conduct and practices during the previous tournaments organized jointly. (You brought this up, Paul, careful what you wish for...)

In 2002 the I-Z Total Tag & Release Tournament occurred on the heels of the Fintastic tournament; however, it is my understanding that in 2003 the situation will be reversed. Since these are both tag & release tournaments (still a relatively novel concept in these parts) and since the organizers for both originally worked together setting up and organizing the first Fintastic tournaments, there is obviously some confusion among the public and even the local captains as to which is which, and for which reason I have been asked to clarify that these two events are NOT related in any way. They are two distinct tournaments as different as night and day.

So, IMHO, Paul's statement that the Fintastic tournament has been operating longer is not quite truthful but is rather inappropriately and unnecessarily misleading.

I believe the results speak for themselves, and for which reason I am happy to volunteer my time and talents to assist in the promotion of the Ixtapa Zihuatanejo Total Tag & Release Sportfishing Tournament. ;~)

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.