Re: Trip Report

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by ZihuaRob on Sunday, December 16, 2001 at 14:45:54 :

In Reply to: Trip Report posted by Linda on Sunday, December 16, 2001 at 14:45:19 :

Thanks Linda! What a great report!

Sorry to hear about Dave's mishap on the fishing trip. Sounds like he didn't listen to his wife. ;~)

I'm also sorry to hear that you found Petatlán "hostile". Maybe you were just spooked at being the only foreign tourists around, and that gave you the heebee jeebees. That really is a warm and friendly community, and you should have nothing to worry about there. My wife's father was born in Petatlán and we have quite an extensive family there. I have always felt welcome anywhere I've been there, and I've never heard of any tourists having a problem apart from getting lost, and they were very courteously helped back to the main plaza by friendly neighbors.

I wonder if Laura can enlighten us as to who the machete-wielding old man in the jungle was. Maybe he was inviting you to his house and misinterpreted your lack of comprehension?

I loved how you described the long walk down the endless beach. Now that sure sounds romantic!

We've got to enjoy things like that while they last. That beach won't stay undeveloped for too much longer. :~(

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.