Re: Trip Report

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Linda on Sunday, December 16, 2001 at 14:46:38 :

In Reply to: Re: Trip Report posted by ZihuaRob on Sunday, December 16, 2001 at 14:45:54 :

Thanks Rob, happy to let other folks know through your great service! The machete wielding man was definitely not inviting us into his casa..*G* At least nobody that's ever invited me in has waved knives at me first! I think we may have missed the first correct path to Playa Tortuga and we were probably cutting through his private property and it annoyed him..I understand that concept, just thought he may have overreacted somewhat..*G*

I think you may be right about Petatlan....its just that we were the ONLY caucasians within sight, and most people were not very inviting to their shops. We did spend some time looking around though, and it seemed an interesting place to shop some other time. We did encounter a couple of very friendly folks though, so I'm sure we must have just hit an "off" day. The church is lovely and had we been in the market for some gold, we would probably have stayed longer. Our Canadian dollar is in such a bad way, that the pricing is very high there in Z etc. as compared to the stronger US dollar...maybe next time we make the trip our dollar will have come up some and we can shop more.

I did forget to mention one other observation about Zihua.....the people all appear so happy! We have much more material wealth here, and yet many of us are so dissatisfied, I think we can all take a lesson from your area. To see so many laughing and happy children AND adults was truly a delight. You are all so fortunate to live in that kind of atmosphere.

Follow Ups:

• Happiness - ZihuaRob 14:47:21 16/12/2001 (0)

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.