Re: rental car--vw bug--jeep etc

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Kristy on Sunday, December 16, 2101 at 02:00:32 :

In Reply to: Re: rental car--vw bug--jeep etc posted by John E. on Sunday, December 16, 2101 at 01:59:44 :

Yes, I had the same problem with Hertz this past February. They claimed I scraped the bottom of the VW bug, which was not true. They said it was leaking oil. My husband said all V.W. bugs have oil leaking! When I returned the car, they immediately announced that I had not taken the insurance (as my credit card covers it) so I was liable. Luckily I speak Spanish and argued back and forth and said I would dispute the claim on my credit card and would not pay. I demanded that a mechanic come and write up a detailed report for my credit card company before I left. I also went outside and took several pictures of the car, underneath and all over, not that you could see anything, but I think it intimidated them a bit. I was in France the previous year and DID have an accident and I discovered that my credit card company requires a detailed report of damages to reimburse me and unless you get it from a foreign country on the spot, they will most likely never send it to you. Hertz finally backed off and said they would waive the damages. I asked them how I would prevent this from happening next time as I rent a car every year and they said to carefully inspect it before hand. hmmm...This year I have reserved from budget...

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.