Memorial to Esther-Hemodialysis Center dedication

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by taco from 200.65.89.185 (dup-200-65-89-185.prodigy.net.mx) on Monday, February 11, 2002 at 11:48:52 :

Please take a moment to read, especially if you or someone you love has been effected by diabetes...
Helmut of the Golden Cookie Shop has been working hard since his wife Esther passed away last June, to get his project going, to have a dialysis machine available here for everyone to have access to, no matter how poor. In his research, he had come to discover that, not only is Diabetes the Number One killer disease amongst Mexicans, but also that there is a severe lack of education on it here. Part of his ongoing project is to see that education reaches everyone from the shores to the mountains and beyond.
Our dear Esther had suffered from diabetes for many years, which had taken a severe toll on her frail little body. She had been going to Acapulco 2-3 times per week for dialysis, as there is no machine available here. Her famous smile, songs, piano playing and wonderful personality departed from us in June...
Helmut will be having the ground breaking ceremony for the hemodialysis center on Tuesday, February 12th, 4:00pm at the Hospital General, which happens to be Esther's birthday.
Please let's all be there to give our support and love to Helmut, who has put his heart and soul into this project, and will continue to need it afterwards as well for each step of the way, to educating the public here on diabetes.
I also would like to ask that anyone who can stop by the Cookie Shop on Tuesday morning to please do so for Helmut, to let him know that we remember Esther and what she represented here to Ixtapa, as well as the say God Bless you, Helmut, for all that you are doing.
Gracias!
You can pick up brochures on Helmut's project at the Golden Cookie Shop, as well as infoprmation on how you can help.
Rob, muchisimo gracias for posting this information earlier, i just wanted to get it back up on the top, as your board is so popular!!!

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.