Re: Memorial to Esther-Hemodialysis Center dedication

[Follow Ups] [Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Di from 208.249.206.101 (col-206-101.megavision.com) on Monday, February 11, 2002 at 15:01:36 :

In Reply to: Memorial to Esther-Hemodialysis Center dedication posted by taco from 200.65.89.185 (dup-200-65-89-185.prodigy.net.mx) on Monday, February 11, 2002 at 11:48:52 :

Oh my! I wish we would have known. Our 9 year old grandson has Type 1 Diabetes. I can't echo your words louder that education is so important. In our small community in Nebraska, the Catholic school decided to put his monitor and needles in a locked box with the teacher having the key. What a worry and hazzle for my daughter and son-in-law on top of the daily control of our grandson's diabetes.

When we were in Zihu, I commented that I noticed there was a Diabetes Center. Your message really tears at my heart. If someone will tell me how, I would like to give to his project in some small way and I want to encourage others. It is the most expensive disease. Children have it the worse and living with it through adulthood is a hourly-daily challenge. May God Bless this family and his project.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.