Almost forgot....bonus night!

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Bobbi in Denver from 172.193.78.201 (ACC14EC9.ipt.aol.com) on lunes, enero 26, 2004 at 14:36:58 :

In Reply to: Trip report posted by Bobbi in Denver from 172.193.78.201 (ACC14EC9.ipt.aol.com) on lunes, enero 26, 2004 at 14:03:53 :

Our return flight booked with Apple was delayed extensively. We took the Apple-provided bus to airport and sat for about 2 to 3 hours before we were told that our flight was not going out that night. We would have gotten into Denver too late and customs would have been closed. So Apple put everyone on our flight up for an extra night with meals! Oh darn...having to spend another night in Mexico for free....

I was lucky enough to go to the Presidente, which was having the Mexican Fiesta that night. We were given the all-inclusive food/drink wrist bands so that we could eat at the hotel. It was a lot of fun. We didn't get to really check out the hotel, but our room was definitely a few steps up from the Radisson. I agree with a previous poster that navigating the entrance area with all your luggage through the Mexican Fiesta is a bit of a challenge....watch the cobblestones - more than a few of us turned some ankles.

Some of our friends were put at the Krystal, where they received a voucher for a "dry meal" which was basically a sandwich and soft drinks. They were not nearly as happy as I was!

While my experiences with Apple in general have been less than stellar, they did take care of us in this case. The next morning on our return flight though, they showed that it was definitely an Apple trip. Because the flight from Denver into Zihua had been delayed so long, the passengers on that flight had consumed most of the beverages and they had no way to replace them. So on our early AM flight, they had very little orange juice, hardly any soft drinks and didn't even offer a 2nd beverage service - all they had was water. Even the coffee was instant - they had run out of the the brewable coffee. Our "breakfast" consisted of a stale roll with a package of beef summer sausage, cream cheese and some stale generic goldfish...that was supposed to be our snack from the night before.

Looking forward to booking my own trip on Frontier for next year instead of using Apple!

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.