Trivia: Sun over Zihuatanejo

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Gregorio desde 67.101.41.219 (h-67-101-41-219.SNFCCASY.dynamic.covad.net) el día domingo, 22 de febrero, 2004 a las 20:38:28 horas :

From another website, a woman surfer describes surfing at Playa Los Cerritos/Todos Santos (Baja) when the sun is directly overhead or at 0 degrees to that area. For the Tropic of Cancer, I think this occurs on June 21, the summer solstice.

"This is the Tropic of Cancerů which means we are the closest beings to the sun at that latitude. What a concept: high noon at the Tropic of Cancer. Sunburns all around! I could practically taste the sun it was so close. Not unlike the ocean, the sun tasted of salt." (See http://www.bootsnall.com/travelogues/delara/5.shtml for full story)

When would the sun be directly overhead or at 0 degrees to Zihuatanejo? My guess would be sometime in August. Does anyone have an exact date or know where to find out? This is the kind of trivia that really intrigues me. (Is it because I'm a Virgo?)

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO