Snorkelling in the Zihua area

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Rahul from 63.183.168.193 (sdn-ap-017scfairP0193.dialsprint.net) on martes, septiembre 17, 2002 at 15:41:21 :

In a recent thread, Las Gatas was recommended as an excellent snorkelling locale in the area. While Las Gatas is a lovely place to spend a day, the snorkelling there is actually quite mediocre. If you really enjoy observing marine life, the place to go is Playa Manzanillo, a small cove south of Zihua. There is live coral and an amazing variety of marine animals. We saw rays, lobster, octopus and pufferfish as well as more than 20 varieties of smaller fish. I thought this snorkelling spot compared very favourably with locat1ons I've visited in Hawaii and the Caribbean.

You have to charter a panga to take you out there, though it's only a few miles down the coast. It's quite inexpensive if you have 2 or 3 people. Chances are you'll have the place to yourselves. It is always one of the highlights of our trips to the area.

Rahul

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.