Did you see the pictures??

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Hmmm from 148.235.160.141 (customer-148-235-160-141.uninet.net.mx) on sábado, enero 24, 2004 at 14:46:24 :

In Reply to: Re: Snorkel beach past Las Gatas? posted by Tim S from 64.12.96.135 (cache-mtc-ag02.proxy.aol.com) on sábado, enero 24, 2004 at 08:26:17 :

Did anyone follow the link at the bottom of my message???

I went there on Wednesday and took those pictures to show to my friends & family back home. I thought someone might find them interesting, I definately love showing them off!!

You can do it from Playa la Ropa, but I have no idea how. My friend in the photos says it is about 2 hours walking, though I find that hard to believe.

The way to drive there is to go out the highway towards the airport, and past the little police station, and then keep your eyes peeled for the signs pointing towards the shooting range. Turn off when you see the first campo de tiro sign, and follow the signs to get there. We're talking about tiny trails here, wide enough for one vehicle. But they have signs on how to get to the shooting range, so follow those. Once past there, you're on your own. Hang a right and follow the trail going up at the next intersection, I think. Then at another intersection, going left will take you down a big hill to the house down there. You have to go straight or left, I can't remember off hand.

This is why I suggested as well that it is best to have someone show you the way, at least the first time you do it!

Each beach has its own special qualities, but Playa Manzanillo is for sure the coolest one in the area. Playa el Palmar for skin, etc, but playa Manzanillo is the coolest little off the beaten path place that I've found so far. It is great if you are going with a friend or special someone, and like the idea of being alone on a beautiful and secluded little beach.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P.®, Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.