Re: Presidente Intercontinental

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Mexico Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Jen desde 65.66.121.253 (xtoenergy.com) el día miércoles, 17 de marzo, 2004 a las 16:07:04 horas :

En respuesta a: Presidente Intercontinental escrito por IluvIxtapa desde 24.13.207.127 (c-24-13-207-127.client.comcast.net) el día miércoles, 17 de marzo, 2004 a las 15:42:19 horas :

We were there Feb. 29-March 6 for our honeymoon. Having stayed at a very new Melia resort in Cabo just a few months prior, we were perhaps a bit spoiled as to the niceness and newness of that place, but we still were not at all disappointed in the Presidente. Initially, we were shown to a tower room, but as there were double beds and we had requested a king, we were quickly moved to a room with a pool and ocean view, with a large balcony (Room #3138). It was quite nice - not dirty, although there was a funky mildewy odor. Ah well ... we weren't planning to spend that much time in the room anyway!

We found the staff to be quite attentive, and the food, while not what I'd deem "fantastic", was certainly more than sufficient. The only food that I'd say really wasn't very good was the pizza at the snack bar. Avoid it if at all possible!

Don't know how the palapa reservations work. When we were at the hotel, we spent much time strolling on the beach, back and forth between the hotel and Carlos & Charlie's, or parasailing, waverunning, etc. I guess you could say we just didn't sit still much! ;-)

When we go back, we'll probably stay someplace different, but that's not because our stay at the Presidente was lacking ... rather, because there are so many other wonderful-looking places to check out!

Enjoy your trip!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO