Re: Fish Tourneys kill or no kill

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Posted by Dorado1 from 148.223.244.28 (148-223-244-28.cdnet.com.mx) on viernes, enero 31, 2003 at 22:36:05 :

In Reply to: Fish Tourneys kill or no kill posted by Jym of Michigan from 152.163.188.228 (cache-rh04.proxy.aol.com) on viernes, enero 31, 2003 at 15:00:08 :

Jym,

I'm not going into details here on various tournaments, There are 4 here that qualify for the Rolex/IGFA, and only winners of 89 tournaments held worldwide qualify for that event. As to here, the Premier ZIH Tournament held Jan. 24-26 was the first of the year and an open event, the second held Jan. 27-29 (I think) was a closed event by the TAA (i.e. not a member can't get in), there is another and then there is the original tag & release event-- Fintastic's Total Tag & Release - Nov. 21-23.

There are basically three types of tournaments- 1) the total kill in which everything, every fish is weighted, this is old style; 2) what they deem a modified kill tournament, i.e. a minimum weight is established and awards are given for release. i.e. the past ZIH Premier and the best-- gentlemen fishing in total tag & release, honor bound, true anglers.

The fishing here, considering Sailfish as primary, is maybe the best in the world, way ahead of Cabo. Cabo has it's times for Stripers, we have Sails year around. WE have everything Cabo has plus and at 1/2 to 1/3 the cost!!!

I suggest you make a deposit on the boat of your choice ahead of time and will send you a list from which you may contact the captains directly, AS IN NO COMMISSION to anyone.

Follow Ups:

This board is a community service of ZihuaRob's Z.I.P., Servicios Internet in Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa, Mexico.